Monday, October 29, 2012

Back home...

The concert last Saturday was a great success. The premiere of my piece Doktrin der Ruhe was performed really well by the orchestra, they played it expressivley and full of dedication, some of the more difficult parts were a bit off, but I can live with that.

In the last part of the concert named "Felder" (fields) my brother Markus and I experimented with improvising together with the orchestra, we had written out 4 smaller composed "Felder" and in between my brother conducted the impro using dedicated hand signs for various textural things. I processed the orchestral sounds with various Plug-Ins and the electronic sounds were flying through the  hall adding a surreal element to all of this.

Then in the end my brother and I took over the impro and improvised together (me sitting at the mixing desk in the hall with my keyboards) which we hadn't done for almost 10 years, and at some points he brought the orchestra back into the impro.

The audience was amazed by all of this and the final applause was enthusiastic, warm and quite long.

Final applause...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thought's or comments?